Distribution Center Associate
|October 18, 2013 - March 15, 2014|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Vol. Life/AD&D, FSA, STD, LTD, 403(b)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for assembly of various food boxes, receiving, storing, and distributing food inventory, order processing, shipping, receiving, and quality control support to the Food Bank. |
|Duties:||* Pack various food boxes per specified menu and/or instructions including packing boxes of frozen product while inside a temperature controlled environment. Gloves and coats provided as necessary|
* Assist shipping and receiving processes as necessary including sorting food goods, order picking, loading and unloading
* Sorting and placing materials or items on racks or shelves according to date received.
* Operate manual and electric pallet jacks and forklift equipment to load and off-load freight/products up to 50+ pounds unassisted.
* Reading and assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area.
* Weighing items selected from Pick-n-Weigh in order determine final weight and shared maintenance fee.
* Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
* Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
* Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
* Detects and eliminates or minimizes safety hazards in accordance with all applicable policy and procedures.
* Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for visitors, volunteers and customer traffic.
* Maintain in excellent condition and protect all property entrusted to you
* Perform required before-, during-, and after-operation “user maintenance” of designated equipment and provide required reports
* Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
|Qualifications:||High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Presentation skills; three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual will be subjected to frequent standing; walking; and stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50lbs and operate a forklift. Receiving department experience a plus.|
We offer a positive work environment, competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. Beginning salary will be commensurate with experience and education. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.