Distribution Center Associate
|October 18, 2013 - March 15, 2014|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D, Vol. Life/AD&D, FSA, STD, LTD, 403(b)|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for assembly of various food boxes, receiving, storing, and distributing food inventory, order processing, shipping, receiving, and quality control support to the Food Bank. |
|Duties:||* Pack various food boxes per specified menu and/or instructions including packing boxes of frozen product while inside a temperature controlled environment. Gloves and coats provided as necessary|
* Assist shipping and receiving processes as necessary including sorting food goods, order picking, loading and unloading
* Sorting and placing materials or items on racks or shelves according to date received.
* Operate manual and electric pallet jacks and forklift equipment to load and off-load freight/products up to 50+ pounds unassisted.
* Reading and assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area.
* Weighing items selected from Pick-n-Weigh in order determine final weight and shared maintenance fee.
* Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
* Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
* Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
* Detects and eliminates or minimizes safety hazards in accordance with all applicable policy and procedures.
* Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for visitors, volunteers and customer traffic.
* Maintain in excellent condition and protect all property entrusted to you
* Perform required before-, during-, and after-operation “user maintenance” of designated equipment and provide required reports
* Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
|Qualifications:||High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Presentation skills; three months or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Individual will be subjected to frequent standing; walking; and stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50lbs and operate a forklift. Receiving department experience a plus.|
We offer a positive work environment, competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. Beginning salary will be commensurate with experience and education. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.